Natural Sheepskin and Leather
We specialise in luxurious natural products of sheepskin and leather, which provide both warmth and comfort.
Why buy sheepskin?
1. It is a natural product- it has many natural properties that no man made material can compete with. If you go back thousands of years, the British cave man would have worn sheepskin and leather as his only form of clothing to protect himself during the cold winter months.
2. It is hygroscopic. This means it can absorb a third of it's weight in water, without becoming damp. You could say it is naturally waterproof. This also works the other way around, if you sweat into sheepskin, it doesn't feel sweaty, and remains as comfortable as ever.
3. The natural fats found in the skins enable it to resist dirt and bacteria. The natural oils in the wool enable it to resist household odours also.
4. As the wool is made up of lots and lots of hairs, there is air that passes between these and circulates. This keeps the warmth in when it is cold, but also enables it to keep cool when it is warm.
5. Anybody that has ever owned a pair of our sheepskin slippers, boots, gloves or rugs, can tell you that there is no synthetic material more comfortable than real sheepskin. This is because of the outer layer of protein found on the fibre of the wool making it very smooth.
6. Wool retains it's shape. Wool fibres naturally bend and recover their shape, retaining their bounce.
7. It is hard to burn. Wool fibre is flame retardant up to 600 degrees C.
8. Sheepskin is hypoallergenic, it doesn't cause allergies.